Jesus is the Hope of Glory

Monday, November 8, 2010

What Does Your House Look Like?

Thats a good question...


First some ground work...
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast [them] into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
 here's another...
1john 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.


I was having a conversation with someone, and we were talking about abiding... Here is the dictionary definition...


1. to remain; continue; stay:
2. to have one's abode; dwell; reside

So Jesus is asking us to remain, stay, dwell, reside in Him... and He will remain, stay, dwell and reside in us.  Want to bear fruit??  You bear fruit by abiding...  You want the presence of God to be evident when you minister?  You get their by ABIDING.  Jesus goes on to say, that if we abide in Him, we bring forth MUCH fruit... WOW!!!  **and greater works than these shall ye do**

Jesus then goes on to say what happens if you choose NOT to abide - wither and be cast into the fire...  **really???  0_o ((who wants that?))

THEN - Jesus goes on to say, if you abide in me-  ask what you will... and it will be given to you....   this is the part that people want - the ASK part - but without the abiding... smh... Jesus is hard core... - He says, you want my goods, you have to want me...  But isn't that all of us?  How do we feel when people don't want to be around us, hang out with us, talk with us, enjoy our presence, but want what we have to offer...

The verse in 1 John talks about how to deal with sin... We work so hard on the NOTS of living in Christ - the "don't do list"... but here, Jesus lets us know, that list is no more, if we just ABIDE... 

The second part of the scripture says if you abide in me, and i'll abide in you...  well - that leads to today's title... "What does your house look like?" What pictures are hanging on your walls?  What is in your back closet in the spare room?  Whats playing on the TV in the living room?  Is it a place where Jesus is welcomed??  

I look at it from a singers stand point - you insert yourself... But as a singer - I want the presence of God to always be evident when I minister, I always want Him to show up.  Because, I mean think about it - When you welcome the King of Kings into a place, He brings good gifts... peace, healing, deliverance, answers, etc-- the list can go on and on... Why would I risk the people I'm ministering too not having that opportunity when at that moment - its MY responsibility???  All because I choose not to abide??  --- Its not fair- but its something that ministers, singers, musicians, preachers do all the time - they don't abide - and are content with someone dropping a tear, waving a hand, and maybe getting their shout on- when if we abide - their lives will be CHANGED.  

So ask God today, what does abiding look like?  It may look like different things to different people... God may not require 5 hours of prayer of you, but may require you to pray without ceasing... Its all about your relationship.  Every marriage is different... right?  yeah...

Be Blessed!  And Keep the King First...




No comments:

Post a Comment