Jesus is the Hope of Glory

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

God how can I honor you today???

What is worship? - well, dictionary.com says:

1. reverent honor and homage paid to god or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
2.
formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
3.
adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
4.
the object of adoring reverence or regard.


I don't claim to know it all, but I do claim to know God the best that I can... Worship is waaaaaay more than a song. As the dictionary describes, REVERENT (attitude of respect with awe), HONOR (utmost respect), paid to God.. who is SACRED (holy, set apart)... ***i love definitions by the way**..... basically, to live a life style of worship is simple - live a life that honors God.

Now, on this journey, we have the awesome privilege to finds out what honors God! some people look at it as an arduous task, every day should be filled with the beautiful thought of, "God, how can I honor you today?"

------i'm a teacher by trade so I do examples-----

****My birthday is coming up ((*cough *cough)) and people are asking me- what do you want for your birthday??? and I can readily answer, because I know what I like. Those that know me REALLY well can shop and say, "Oh, that looks like Tia!"... But how precious is it to ask for something specific and you receive it???---- Same as with us, I believe the Lord likes that as well*****

"God how can I honor you today?" --- and you may not be in the place where you hear the thunder roll, or can recognize the still small voice - but you will know in your heart of hearts when God is honored.

SN: It is very difficult if not impossible to live a lifestyle of worship without love"

1 John 4:20 states - If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen...


I like John, he goes hard... LOL - straight forward! You can't have a worship lifestyle without love, because its based out of love, not DUTY. So check your horizontal relationships to make sure you are walking in love, so that your vertical flows like it should...

God bless! and Keep the King first...

2 comments:

  1. I am so Godly proud of you for stepping out and sharing your gift. You are such an Awesome gift to the Body of Christ and the world. Blessings & Love!! - Wendy B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you and all that this blog is going to bring forth. This is so needed and not many are bold enough to step out but you did and I know God honors that. So I'm excited about your future

    ReplyDelete