Jesus is the Hope of Glory

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Your Memories Are Killing Your Dream





 I woke up this morning at read this quote by Kris Volloton "When your memories are greater than your dreams you are already dying!"... and I thought...

(in my scooby doo voice)

Huh???


And it all made sense.  I know so many people, (we all do) that their mind is consumed with what has happened.  

*DISCLAIMER*- I am in school to be a christian counselor- so I get it .  Some stuff has to be talked about, counseled about, prayed about, delivered out - so on and so forth... this is not that kind of party to say ignore the big LOG in your own eye!*

But at the same time, how much time do we spend dreaming?  I personally spend alot of time thinking about my music, always writing a song - organizing it.  It's so much.  So much... Many times I don't know how or where to begin, but I don't stop processing it, praying about it - THINKING on it.  Sometimes, people sit and think about their dreams as a good TV show that they watched...  Something thats past- and they can just reminisce.  But so much has taken away from what the dream is.  



Ephesians 3:20 (The Message) God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.


Dealing with the issues is important.  DON'T I KNOW IT.  Don't ignore your stuff- thinking that it will just go away.  Cancer must be eradicated for the person to be healthy.  When you allow your issues to fester- its like a cancer, because they then become bigger than the dreams that God has for you.  Dream your wildest dream!  and God CAN out do it!  But where is your mind?  Where are your thoughts?  Where do you meditate?  What broken record plays over, and over, and OVER in your mind on a daily basis?  What do you consider MOST of the day?  Whats wrong in life?  Whats right in life?  Or what life is destined to be?


Darn right its a good question?  Time to reflect people.  Time to assess.  Time to consider what we spend our thought time on.  Where did the iPad come from (believing God for an iPad in a strong way- lol)  It came from a thought...

Where did Circ Du Soliel come from?  (( One of my favorite shows of all time - I'm determined to see most of them before I die- the creativity is out of this world)) - It came from a thought...

Where did the cel phone come from?  The TV?  DVR? The Movie "The Wiz"??? (2nd favorite movie of all time- lol)

THEY ALL CAME FROM A THOUGHT!  The people who thought of these things are not special.  BUT - they are rich.  Who thought of the NBA?  Who decided that organized sports should be consistent?  Who created the air conditioner?  What was their process?  They saw a problem, a gap, and they SOLVED it.

My sister in the Lord Faith Chilongo (Warringministries.org) posted this earlier on Facebook... Its a quote from Kim Clement...

"Fear of failure and fear of conflict of war.  Failure is critical to success.  Absence of war equals the absence of heros.  Failure is critical to success! Determine to do something courageous everyday.  Your sacrifice will catch the attention of Heaven and Earth.  Once you see the dynamic and not the demonic, you will find the journey far more enjoyable.  See the spoil and ignore the toil."




What are you called to solve?  Do you know?  What are you called to fix?  Do you have a clue?  How far are you on it?  Is it something that you think or work on daily?  Are you filled with pipe dreams?  Are you afraid of being a hero?  Can you stand enough failure so that when you hit success you know it will be sweet?  I know that
when they created the iPad- the first time it was a solid success... RIGHT? What about youtube... worked the FIRST time right??  When did we become so afraid of failure?

WOW...


Making me think... God made you brilliant.  Don't ever forget that.  Don't allow the MEMORIES to override the dreams ANY LONGER.  The memories will kill you. That broken record will play, and play, and play - and you will be reinjured every single time you think about it.  Then you become numb.  When all the while- your idea is dying with you.  Your millions are being dispersed to others while you cry over that spilled milk that is now dried up- and smells like old train smoke and gym socks... LOL...  While you fight to compete with others over things that don't matter, you loose time.  While you make sure you stay on top of what is not important- you loose TIME.  The time is now to dream.  The time is now to not allow those that refuse to dream to hold you back.  I for one have offended many because I don't entertain old drama.  I have to much potential to do that.  So I'm moving forward.  I have to remind myself and declare it for me every now and again to do that.  Move forward.



P.S. Bad memories can be a dream killer or a testimony.  Your choice as to which power it has.


Pray with me.

God,  I admit that my memories have been overriding my dreams.  This is not how you intended for me to live.  You said that YOU have come that I may have life, and have it more abundantly.  I have allowed the enemy to steal, kill and destroy my dreams using my memories.  Thank you for providing a way of escape.  I will start today to dream.  I will start today to think on those things that you have already ordained for me to do.  I will start today recognizing my own potential.  I will be willing to fail until I reach that moment of success.  I will not be afraid of failure.  I will not be afraid to be a hero.  I will not be afraid to be a Moses.  I will not be afraid to be a Joshua.  All who saw some type of failure at one time, but they didn't stop.  I won't be afraid.  Thank you for your perfect love that casts out all fear.  I will walk in the potential and be EXACTLY who you called me to be.  Thank you that my wildest dreams are boring to you- because you can do exceeding abundantly above all I ask or think.  YOU ARE AMAZING GOD!  My faith in your dreams for me are charged, and I shake off everything else.  Remind me Lord daily.  Love and thank you for your redemptive power.

In Jesus Name, 

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment