Jesus is the Hope of Glory

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Love and Motives


Picking up from where we left off a few days ago...
First let me say this... I've had a TREMENDOUS week of breakthrough...  Breakthrough that I have been praying for -- lets see... for years in some cases... When God does a thing, he does a thing WELL.  Hold on and be encouraged.  You may have some moments where you feel that God doesn't see or hear you... But hold on...  Just hold on...
----
OKAY!  So TLOW family, lets work on our love walk.  Now, if not one person gets anything out of this but me- then I'm okay.  Because I am DETERMINED that my love walk honor God.  Does that mean I put up with everything?  Absolutely not... Does that mean that I won't set boundaries?  Surely not... But I will love, I will not walk in offense, I will not hold unforgiveness, I WILL NOT be led by my emotions... They are a tool for God to use for his glory, not the GPS for my life... So, this is for me too - gotta make sure I'm in LINE!
Lets roll...
Okay, so lets just be real.  There has been one time or another where our motives where not godly... There were times when we were looking out more for ourselves than for others...  There were times when we did things, or said things- KNOWING it would hurt someone else- because we know how it goes... "Hurt people, hurt people".

Its true...  We can all recall a time when we were on the "giving" end of the business... Where we were so offended or upset- that we just let someone have it.  There have also been times when we were affected by the actions of others- and you KNEW their motive was to hurt you.  You knew they wanted to hurt you - because THEY were hurting...
We sometimes don't remember how we dished it out now that it's time to take it... LOL...
Also, if you are always on the receiving end of the business- then it may be time to set some new boundaries in your relationship.  Constant abuse will cause you to have a "victims mentality"... You know when you are dealing with a victims mentality because it's always... "Why me"...  "When is it my turn"... "Everything good happens for everyone but me"...    We have to work hard to let those things go so that we can move forward.
I was talking to one of my ma-ma's, and she said this, "When you have forgiven or released someone, the thoughts against them will come back, but you have to remind that familiar spirit that you have released and forgive them, and you don't accept those thoughts about them- at all.  Eventually, it will stop".
I am a living witness of this.  I have been working in OVER-TIME the past few weeks to get my heart right with quite a few things.  Been working on ME.  Thats hard! LOL- can I get a witness????
I really feel that I have made tremendous head-way and that I am in a whole new season.  If that old stuff tries to come back, it will get dismissed with the quickness.  I am NOT going back to those places again - not doing it.
1 Corinthians 13:3
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Whoah...  It's just hitting head on isn't it?  This scripture is about MOTIVE.  It didn't say,  give my possessions to the poor and give my body,  I gain nothing... it says, if you do that - SO THAT YOU MAY BOAST... and you don't have love...
I am strong believer in giving.  Give to live.  I LOVE to give- in many ways-  there are many ways you can sow into the lives of others.  Financially may not always be available, but don't beat yourself.  Sow a phone call, sow some encouragement, sow an ear to listen to someone who needs to be heard.  Babysit for a couple who needs some get away time.  Call someone you know needs some assistance, and tell them you will come help them get organized.  Some ways to sow won't cost you anything but time.  Be creative- thats what I do anyway...
BUT... If you do all of that- and your goal is to boast ( Talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one's achievements, possessions, or abilities) then, you have your reward...  Now, let's be honest... We are talking about MOTIVES right???  Just because you say, "God gets all the glory" - doesn't really mean that... But you knew that right??  Thats just like winning a BET award for your new song, "Slap dat Hoe in da Mouth"- and accepting the award thanking your Lord and Savior  Jesus Christ- because without him this would not be possible... LOL!  It's the truth!  If God is not in it - he's just not in it.   PEOPLE may be fooled with the whole, "Glory to God" thing, but Jesus knows the truth - AND  so do those that have discernment...
I'm just sayin.  Do all of that- you gain NOTHING.  Well, you may gain more stuff... More followers who want to believe that God is in it, but they see stuff- stuff is not always FRUIT.  Remember that...  Heaven holds your fruit.

What does your heavenly tree look like? 










I want my tree to have BIG FRUIT- so that just because people come near me, or have a simple conversation, they can get a nice, big, juicy piece of fruit off and just slurp it up!  Can you imagine sitting having a conversation with someone about the Lord, or just giving good wisdom, or just loving, encouraging or motivating them??  
I'll stop there for today... This is going to be a good series- we will start on the attributes of love on the next blog...
God Bless!  and Keep the King First...
make sure you "like" the fan page... www.facebook.com/lifeofaworshipper... and Share the blog with at least one person today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment