Jesus is the Hope of Glory

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Proverbs Study: Proverbs 1 - Listen When Wisdom Speaks











You must fear the Lord to walk in wisdom.  What does it mean to fear the Lord?  That means you must be afraid to not do it His way.  God does give us a choice – but those that walk in wisdom have a serious hesitancy about doing it any other way than what God said to do.  


There have been things that I have done in my life that were foolish.  In order to walk in wisdom, I need to repent for being foolish when I had the opportunity to walk in wisdom.  When I repent, wisdom will pour out His thoughts to me.  I also recognize from this proverb, being wayward – out of the will of God will eventually kill you.  It may seem fun, or pleasurable, or easy for a moment or a season, but it will eventually kill you.   And we quote scriptures that Jesus came that we may have life, and life more abundantly, (john 10) and “with long life will he satisfy me” (psalm 91)—and we have things in our lives that don’t line up with the will of God…  Well – we shouldn’t expect long life, because we are not in alignment.  If I listen to wisdoms advice, I will live safely and be at ease – safe without fear or harm.  


listen to those that have wise counsel, even if you don't want it


It needs to be just as important to me to fulfill the will of God as it is to him.  That’s in every area of my life.  I need to go to places of prayer to see what is not lining up, what is not bearing fruit- and its time to get it right.  Whether its love walk, managing finances, being productive, love walk, how you treat your spouse, how you raise your kids, the job you have, no matter what it is, make sure its in alignment with the will of God.  There is no purpose in it if its not bearing fruit.






Changing my address - This is my new street - call before you stop by though... LOL





God Bless!  And Keep the King First...

No comments:

Post a Comment